Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's Been A Long Time...

OK, so I haven't written in quite some time and a lot has happened.  I'll try to catch you up as quickly and painlessly as I can...


Knee Injury: My knees are completely heeled!  I haven't gone back to the C25K, but I did take up a Boot Camp class in Mansfield twice a week which incorporates quite a bit of running along with some much needed strength training.  I did feel that I made some great strides with my running ability since joining.   http://www.dreambodbootcamp.com/ I enjoy the class quite a bit, but have since put it on hold to take care of other obligations.  I also was going to the gym at work for a while which I hope to pick back up once things settle down a bit.

Summer: This past summer was packed full of monumental events!  In August, I turned 30!  No big deal really, still feel the same.  I guess the real difference is that I'm Happy to be here now!   www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLgLfD3wElQ   I had another big day in August, an Anniversary of sorts.  I'd like to call it my "rebirth", if you will.  A year has passed since I started over.  With a little help from supportive family and friends and some long overdue medication, I reassested my life and started over with a clearer head and a new outlook.

Cigarettes: I am proud to announce that I finally beat the habit!  With the exception of like 3 cigarettes, I have been a non-smoker for 11 months now!  There are still those certain times, usually when my stress level is real high that I'd love to have a smoke, but the little habits such as lighting up as soon as I get in the car or after a meal, have subsided.  I feel great and it definately helps when the excersize comes into play.

Tattoos: I have gotten some new ink.  2 new pieces that I love.  I got some lotus flowers on my left forearm to cover up some ugly self inflicted scars that had been haunting me for years.  I used to cut myself to deal with pain and anger or depression and I was left with several ugly scars that were a constant reminder of someone I no longer am.  I got the lotus flowers to cover them because they symbolize perceverence and new beginnings.  You can still see the scars underneath if you look close, but I'm OK with that because my past is what made me who I am today and I like Me today!

I also got another piece, in memory of my best friend Elizabeth Saba who sadly passed away in October 2009.  Liz would have been 30 in August just a week after me.  The piece I got was the sheet music of the chorus to Don't Stop Believin by Journey.  Liz had gotten up and sang this song several times at Karaoke and I can still see it now.  Makes me smile every time I think about it!  www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM

Side Job: Well, I tried out the Tupperware sales and I sold quite a bit, but it's really not my cup of tea!  I'd really have to have 2-3 parties a week to make any good money at it and that just isn't my idea of fun.  I was pretty much breaking even doing the catalog sales and the extra money I did make I'd put back into newsletters or promotional gifts and stuff.  I got a lot of cool free products, but I think I'm over the whole Tupperware thing.  I've been toying with the idea of getting back into sewing and that kind of stuff.  I really am quite crafty if I do say so myself...Lol!  I'd like to try and make some money at making scrapbooks for people or maybe some small sewing projects...just an idea at this point.


Holidays: Well, the Holidays were stressful as always, but we got through them; a few more pounds, several more grey hairs and a lot lighter in the wallet, but we enjoyed ourselves despite the stresses.

Happy 2010: The begining of the new year was spent packing up the house and moving.  The worst possible time to move with the Holidays and the snow, I might add!  I think I'm a magnet for stress...LOL!  I am optimistic for the new year.  I really feel like It's going to be one of bigger and better things and I'm ready for whatever life throws at me! 

1 comment:

  1. shannon your t-house palJanuary 15, 2010 at 12:09 PM

    your link doesn't work cuz i think it's supposed to say Dreambodbootcamp. may want to check into that.
    otherwise glad to hear your ok. was actually wondering the other day if you befriended me or something. think we may need to catch up sometime soon, say over a draft beer at Clydes?? they have good salads too!

    ReplyDelete